Angelina and Brandi
Eff Cancer, Reduce Stress and Check those Boobies
Your forties can be a lot. For me, the mammogram loomed like a dark cloud. To me, it was a sign of my age.
"This is it, all downhill from here," I thought. Turns out, the mammogram was easy peasy. The requested MRI that followed was fine too. I was okay and so was turning 40. In fact, I changed my mindset about the next decade. This wouldn't be a time for me to feel aged, to feel less than. These would be my prime years. I was going to embrace my 40's, feeling more comfortable in my skin than ever.
I had the joy of meeting Kendall Carriere a few years ago, and she was one of the first women I approached for an interview when we launched. Her breadth of knowledge is so impressive, but more than anything I love her JOY. She radiates it. I saw this even after her surprising breast cancer diagnosis at 42. She didn't survive it- she thrived through it. One of the things Kendall teaches in her online wellness studio The Deep Center is EFT. I have utilized it over the years and just had to share it with all of you. Below is a guest post from Kendall, let us know if you try it out! Oh, and go get your tatas checked, ladies!
Tapping the Deep Center Way
If you're looking for a way to reduce stress and anxiety, and increase joy, the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is worth a try. Also known as 'tapping', EFT is a simple yet effective method that can be done anywhere, anytime.
Here's how to do it, The Deep Center Way:
1. Begin by identifying the issue you want to address. For example, if you're feeling anxious about an upcoming presentation, you would focus on that specific fear.
2. Rate the intensity of your fear on a scale of 0 to 10, with 10 being the most intense. We suggest having a journal handy to write down your number so you can refer back to it later.
3. Next, locate the acupressure points on your body that correspond to the points on the "tapping" chart. Note: you can tap on either side of your body. These points are:
- The side of your hand (Karate Chop point)
- Your eyebrow
- Side of your eye
- Under your eye
- Under your nose
- The top of your head
4. Once you've located the acupressure points, gently tap with three fingers on each one while repeating a positive affirmation. For example, you might say to yourself, "I am calm and confident," or "I can handle this situation."
5. Continue tapping and repeating the affirmation until you feel your anxiety begin to dissipate. You may need to do this for several minutes. That's it!
With a little practice, you'll be able to quickly and easily reduce stress and anxiety with EFT tapping.
Get 14 days free to The Deep Center here. Watch Kendall demonstrate EFT here.
Remember: this post is for informational purposes only and may not be the best fit for you and your personal situation. It shall not be construed as medical advice. The information and education provided here is not intended or implied to supplement or replace professional medical treatment, advice, and/or diagnosis. Always check with your own physician or medical professional before trying or implementing any information read here.